While not everyone that takes alcohol becomes an addict, taking large quantities of alcohol over a long period makes it more likely to develop an addiction.
Alcohol addiction can happen to anyone. Many factors contribute to alcoholism, including underlying mental issues and genetics
If you are seeking treatment and want to take back control over your life, we can help you locate the best addiction programs. Recovery is imminent and all you need to do for a start is call us.
How Treatment Centres Help Treatment
Treatment Centres in Colonie NY are here to help with alcohol and other substance abuse. Most centers offer 30-day, 60 days, and 90-day programs. The first step when you get to a facility for drug treatment is detox.
It is done under the supervision of professional medical staff to ensure it is appropriate and safe. Detox is abstaining from alcohol to rid your body of the toxin build-up. For most people, detoxing is a very uncomfortable and painful, yet necessary process for recovery. After detox, comes therapy, which is done either individually or in groups.
This is a very important step for recovery. An efficient plan also includes the after treatment plans. Do you join Alcoholics Anonymous? Do you engage friends and family? The counselors at our Colonie NY center advise accordingly.
Choosing An Alcohol Addiction Rehab In Colonie, NY
Once you’ve made the decision to seek treatment, and know the amenities you want a center that’s treating you to have, you will find a Colonie rehab center that suits your requirements. From luxury treatment centers to professional treatment, whatever your budget is, we will find something for you.
Cost Of A Rehab Treatment And Is Insurance Accepted In Colonie, New York
To correctly estimate your budget, you have to keep in mind the kind of treatment that you will receive. The costs highly vary from center to center depending on the programs they are offering. Another thing to factor in is the mode of payment, be it insurance, cheques, or possible partial payments through your PPO or HMO.
Inpatient Versus Outpatient Treatment
Everyone’s battle is different. When choosing a facility, consider how the inpatient and outpatient programs work for you. Each type of treatment has its advantages and disadvantages.
Inpatient Treatment Programs
- Treatment is highly beneficial since it removes patients from any environment that may trigger relapse;
- Housing and meals are provided;
- Patients must take time off work or school to live at the facility during treatment;
- Treatment usually lasts between 30 and 90 days;
- Patients receive access to 24/7 medical care and daily private therapy sessions;
Outpatient Treatment Programs
- Patients are required to attend weekly therapy sessions;
- Treatment often lasts longer than inpatient care;
- Patients are held accountable for their actions and must be able to self-regulate exposure to alcohol;
- Ideal for patients who are not able to take time off work or school, but need help right away;
When Is It Time To Enter Rehab
You know it is time to seek treatment when an addiction or any other diagnosis dictates that you do.
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms once the effects of alcohol wear out, such as irritability, anxiety, depression, nausea, and trouble sleeping
- Having memory blackouts and still continuing to drink;
- Drinking even after you have found yourself in dangerous situations;
- Spending a lot of time drinking or being sick due to after-effects;
- Habitually drinking more, or longer, than you intended;
- Craving or feeling the need to drink
- Cutting back on activities to drink;
- Inability to cut down or stop drinking;
- Finding that drinking or its side effects interfere with school, work, family, or other life obligations;
- Drinking more to get the effect you want;
- Continuing to drink even after it causes trouble with family or friends;
Why Go To Alcohol Treatment In Colonie, New York
Alcoholism recovery calls for a complete change in perceptions and lifestyles. Alcohol addiction can be co-occurring with trauma, behavioral issues, and mental health disorders. Once the alcohol exits the body, then professionals embark on treating the brain. One learns healthy boundaries, coping skills, and stress management which are instrumental in increasing the chances of staying sober. It takes weeks, even months to get to the bottom of the likely causes of addiction. Until the underlying issues are addressed, there is little to no hope of staying sober.
How Long Does Recover From Alcohol Addiction
Depending on factors like the intensity and dependency, you need to look at at least thirty days in a patient drug and alcohol rehab center up to a 3-month one. Some drugs can be treated with short-term out-patient programs while others require intensive long-term treatment programs.
Ready to get help and change your life for good
Whether you need help getting sober, or is seeking help for a loved one with the problem, call us at +1 844 462 8571 any time to discuss the possible course of action and to seek advice on the same