The city of Stockton is located along the San Joaquin River among the many vineyards of Northern California. It has a bustling downtown with thriving businesses and an active nightlife.
The city is home to about 312,000 residents. While there has been some improvement in Stockton in recent years, the city is still battling a worse drug crisis than California’s overall average. The two most prevalent substances being abused in Stockton are opioid drugs (prescription painkillers and illicit drugs like heroin) and methamphetamines.
However, other substances, including alcohol, marijuana, and cocaine, are also causing more Stockton residents to seek help for addiction. Fortunately, many drug and alcohol treatment centers, such as our Stockton drug rehab, in and around the city help those struggling with substance abuse get on the road to recovery.
Addiction Treatment Services in Stockton, California
Stockton is located in California’s San Joaquin County, which is a hotbed of substance abuse. It’s in an area of the country known to be the High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA), with the use of methamphetamines and opioids increasing. As a result, many people in the area have abuse and addiction problems with multiple types of substances and often have underlying mental health conditions that require treatment for co-occurring disorders.
Fortunately, addiction is treatable, and help is available at Stockton drug rehabs. If you seek help to get clean and sober from drugs and alcohol, the best course of action is to attend an addiction treatment program at a good rehab, such as 90210 Recovery.
This would require you to leave Stockton, but you’d gain access to treatment programs of various intensity and get away from the environment you’d grown to associate with drug abuse. The programs you’d be privy to include detox, outpatient, and inpatient programs.
Detox – The first step to getting clean is ridding your body of all substances. That’s what a detoxification program, or detox for short, is designed to do. As the body rids itself of substances, withdrawal symptoms will begin, and they can be very unpleasant and life-threatening in some cases. That’s why it’s essential to go to a medically supervised detox program. It’s safer, and medical staff can help you manage withdrawal symptoms with medication to make you more comfortable.
Outpatient – Typically, outpatient treatment involves attending an addiction treatment program during the day but returning home at night. This program allows you to continue to live at home during treatment, making it possible to continue attending responsibilities there.
Inpatient – Inpatient treatment programs involve living at a treatment center for a while (usually 30-90 days). It’s an immersive approach that allows you to focus solely on your recovery from drug or alcohol addiction without any distractions from your daily life. Attending inpatient treatment with 90210 Recovery offers the best chance of achieving sobriety.
Keep in mind that different types of treatment work for different individuals. It’s essential to try and choose the type of treatment that best fits your needs.
Should I Consider Traveling for Treatment?
Many people seeking help for drug or alcohol addiction look for a rehab center in another city or state, and there are some excellent reasons to do so. The most significant benefit of traveling for rehab is that it removes you from your daily life. It puts distance, physically, from distractions and triggers that take your focus away from recovery. Additionally, traveling for rehab may provide the following benefits:
- A sense of starting over, providing you a better chance of successful recovery
- A bigger selection of facilities, providing you with more opportunities to find the right rehab for you
- The opportunity to find a treatment center that makes you feel comfortable
- A higher potential that you will complete the program as it isn’t as easy to give up and go home
Choosing the Right Treatment Center
If you concur that a Stockton drug rehab treatment center comes second to moving away for treatment, you won’t regret your decision if your next stop is 90210 Recovery. Knowing ahead of time what you’re looking for will help you narrow down your options. As you’re making your decision about which addiction treatment program is right for you, there are some factors to consider, including:
- Addictions treated – Some rehabs treat specific types of addiction. Our expert carry out dual diagnosis so that they treat addictions to all your drug(s) of choice as well as any underlying issues or disorders.
- Co-occurring disorder treatment – Many people who have problems with addiction also have underlying mental health issues. If that is a possibility for you, look for a rehab that treats co-occurring disorders. With our dual diagnosis and evidence-based treatment, we get to the bottom of your addiction and ensure to help you root it all out to give you a fresh start.
- Inpatient or outpatient – If you have tried to get sober on your own and failed, or if you have previously attended outpatient treatment and relapsed, you may require a stay in an inpatient program. Our addiction experts will decide what program is best for you based on your unique situation.
- Family participation – If you have a supportive family, our facility can get you into a family program that allows their participation in your recovery, which is very helpful.